Over 5 million Americans live with Alzheimer’s disease, and that number is only expected to climb in the years to come. Some experts estimate that 14 million people will be living with Alzheimer’s by 2025.
As baby boomers grow older, it has become more important for caregivers to be able to identify the common signs of Alzheimer’s, to help loved ones manage their condition and keep track of its progress.
Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
According to the National Institute on Aging, these are the official symptoms of someone who has Alzheimer’s disease:
- Memory loss
- Poor judgment leading to bad decisions
- Loss of spontaneity and sense of initiative
- Taking longer to complete normal daily tasks
- Repeating questions
- Trouble handling money and paying bills
- Wandering and getting lost
- Losing things or misplacing them in odd places
- Mood and personality changes
- Increased anxiety and/or aggression
Livathome is a certified provider of Home Health Care Services in Omaha, Nebraska. It is our mission to provide our clients with the support and services they need to live healthy and fulfilling lives.
If your loved one has Alzheimer’s and requires reliable Non-Medical Home Care in Nebraska, you can count on us to do the job.